After getting my basic academic degrees in the field of Biotechnology and scientific experiences in India, I moved to Germany and joined Prof. Wolfgang Siess’s Lab with the hope for the best advancement in my scientific career. My dream became true beyond my expectation, and I received my Ph.D. in Human Biology from the Institute for Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany. I was awarded “summa cum laude” for the excellent Ph.D. thesis. The immense support and guidance of Professor Siess helped me in refining my scientific temperament for internationally competitive research. It was the first turning point of my life. I decided to stay in Germany rather following the traditional path “Fly to the USA”. I started my postdoctoral career at the same Institute and received many grants to start my independent research group in science. My first Ph.D. student Dr. Antje Behring gave me an immense support during turning of my life from dependent researcher to an Independent Group leader. She finished her thesis with me and was award “summa cum laude” for the excellent Ph.D. thesis. The most enjoyable part of my Post Doctoral training was to learn the administrative jobs. In my education, I was never taught that a good scientist must be a good administrator.
In 2010, I met with Prof. Marek Zygmunt, Director of “Universtätsklinikum”, University of Greifswald and he offered me a Group leader position in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. My learning in Greifswald made a sound basis for my scientific career. I used to think that if you are a real scientist, you are the best teacher. I was proven wrong. Teachers need different skills than working in a laboratory or talking to the research scholars. I decided to improve teaching skills and joined various teacher training programs for higher education. I was surprised to learn that teacher’s responsibility are much higher than a researcher. It is now the right time to think about India. It was not very simple for me. During that period, I came to know that Rajasthan got a central university. I applied, and now I am currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Biotechnology at the Central University of Rajasthan India. It is the beginning…..
|2005||Ph.D. Human Biology, University of Munich (LMU), Munich, Germany.|
|1999||M.Tech. Biotechnology, Institute of Engineering and Technology, University of Lucknow, India.|
|1997||M.Sc. Biotechnology, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, India.|
|1995||B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry, Dayalbagh Educational Institute India.|
|2013 – present||Associate Professor in Biotechnology at School of Life sciences, Central University of Rajasthan, Distt. Ajmar, India.|
|2010 – 2013||Senior Postdoctoral Fellow at Dept. Obstetrics & Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany.|
|2007 – 2010||FöFoLe Junior Project leader and Postdoctoral Fellow at Institut für Prophylaxe und Epidemiologie der Kreislauf- krankheiten (IPEK), University of Munich (LMU), Munich, Germany.|
|2004 – 2006||Postdoctoral fellow in Graduate program 438 “Vascular biology in medicine” at IPEK, LMU, Munich, Germany.|
|2001 – 2004||Research Fellow at IPEK, LMU, Munich, Germany.|
|2001 – 2001||CSIR “Senior Research Fellow” at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India.|
|1999 – 2000||CSIR “Junior Research Fellow” at IIT Bombay, India.|
- Senior Postdoctoral Research Fellowships Universitätmedizin, University of Greifswald, Germany (2010-2013)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, LMU Munich, Germany (2006-2010)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Graduate Program 438 “Vascular Biology in Medicine”, German research Foundation, LMU, Munich Germany (2005-2006).
- Predoctoral Research Fellowships in Graduate Program 438 “Vascular Biology in Medicine”, German research Foundation LMU, Munich Germany (2002)
- Senior Research Fellowship from CSIR, Govt. of India (2001).
- Junior Research Fellowship from, CSIR, Govt. of India (1999-2000).
- Postgraduate fellowship from Ministry of Human Resource Dept., Govt. of India (1997-1999).
- M.Sc. Fellowship, Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India (1995-1997).
- Workshop on “Hochschuldidaktik für Lehranfänger” at University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany (7th – 8th March, 2013).
The objective of the workshop was to train the lecturers for university teaching.
- “Advance training seminar in accordance with § 15 GenTSV for project managers and assigned persons for biological safety”
at Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried (27th – 28th November 2008).
- Summer school “Nanoscience and system biology” LMU gene center, Munich, Germany (25th – 29th July, 2005).
- Workshop on Intravital Microscopy and Live Cell Imaging in Angiogenesis Research, Munich, Germany (18th – 20th July, 2003).
- Workshop on Live Cell Imaging at Dept. of Neurobiology, University of Heidelberg, Germany (24th – 30th September, 2001).
- Second National workshop on Bio-statistics and Biometry at Dept. of Zoology, BHU, Varanasi,
India (31st October – 4th November, 1996).
- National workshop on Immunohistochemistry at Inst.of Medical Sciences,
BHU, Varanasi, India (26th – 28th October, 1996).
- Head, Department of Biotechnology, Central University of Rajasthan (2016-present).
- Nodal Officer, Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat Program, Govt of India (2017-present).
- Member of IQAC Committee, Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer, India (2013 – 2014).
- Deputy Proctor, Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer, India (2013 -2014 ).
- Member of Annual Report and Magazine Committee, Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer, India (2013 -2014 and present).
- Coordinator, Placement Cell, Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer, India (2013 – present).
- Member of School board of Studies, School of Life Sciences, Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer, India (2013 – present).
- Member of CUCET-2014 (Central Universities Combined Entrance Exam-2014).
- Member of Career Counseling Cell, Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer, India (2013 – 2014).
- Web administrator, Dept. of Gynecology, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany (2010 – 2013).
- Project leader for biological safety at Dept. of Gynecology, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany.
- Project leader for biological safety at Institut für Prophylaxe und Epidemiologie der Kreislaufkrankheiten (IPEK),
University of Munich (LMU), Munich, Germany (2006-2010).
- Established fluorescence microscopic facility in 2006 at IPEK, LMU, Munich, Germany and was responsible for its
maintenance, end user training and optimization of instrument settings according to specific project requirements (2004 – 2007).
- Web administrator, GRK438 program in vascular biology, German Research Council, Germany.